Thursday, October 29, 2009

For Reals?

In preparation for an upcoming wedding, in which I am to be Maid of Honor, I decided to weigh myself Monday morning. Evidently, I have gained 7 lbs in the last 8-12 weeks. I have not tried on my bridesmaid dress in several months. When I tried it on a few months ago, it fit. Of course, I was thinking it would look better if I could lose about 5 lbs. But, gain 7?? Out of the question. Since the wedding is in a mere 2 weeks, I decided drastic measures needed to be taken. I set a goal of losing 10 lbs by the end of the year, and preferably 5 lbs by November 7th (the wedding). If you know me at all, I am a firm believer in setting goals that are actually reachable. The downside to that--I could probably actually lose more if I set my mind to it (well, that statement is mainly in regards to the 10lbs by the end of the year). Anyway, I guess I'd rather be successful and meet my goal than take a chance in being disspointed after a bunch of hard work.

Progress has been made. I don't know if it is a fluke or what. I weighed this morning. I have lost 4.5 lbs since Monday. 4.5 lbs in 3 full days!!! Is that right?? Maybe all the water I have been drinking just flushed my system?? All I know is the most I have ever lost in a week is 4.2 lbs, and that was only once when I had just joined Jenny Craig 4 years ago. I dunno what the deal is, but I am extremely pleased....and hope I don't weigh on Monday morning to find out it was just an off day!

Weight loss aside, my exercise regimine for this week has been very productive. In fact, yesterday, I did a full 20 minute run without stopping followed by a 15 very, very brisk walk. For me, this is progress. I started the couch-to-5k back in the spring and made it almost to the end--and quit. Every month or so, I will run just to see if I can still do it. A full 20 minute run is really good for me. Most runners would roll their eyes at me, but I am still proud. A friend of mine and I actually agreed this week to do a 5k in February, and I think I am off to a good start!

I have been very frustrated with my weight loss battle during the last year, but this week has put me back in good spirits. Let's hope it continues!

1 comment:

  1. I think i found our 5 k... or something maybe even better to work towards! Get excited!!! And yah i am so proud of you for all your hard work this week and already for the upcoming weeks.

    ReplyDelete