Monday, February 1, 2010

Recycled Regalia

One of the best finds at Christmas Village this year was Lorraine's Designs. I decided I had to share this info with all you--I am just loving the stuff I bought so much! She handcrafts LOADS of jewelry made from vintage or antique watch parts, coins, typewriters, lockets, etc. I bought a pair of gold and bronze antique watch face earrings for my mother for Christmas this year since she is OBSESSED with watches. I also bought myself a pair of simple black watch face earrings with multi-colored neon digits as a flashback to my youth. Some of my favorite pieces were the cuffs and rings made from the watch "innards," as I like to call them! Here are some photos of Lorraine's work. You can find alot of similar stuff made by other artisans on Etsy, too. I definitely hope Lorraine's (The Jewel Medley) makes it back to CV next year! Her jewelry is so funky and unique, yet not freaky or teeny-bopperish.

No comments:

Post a Comment