Thursday, February 4, 2010

Real Estate Blasphemy!

I was so pumped when I heard earlier this week (from a typically valid source--NBCBay Area.com) that the FULL HOUSE home was up for sale! All the thoughts ran through my head so quickly:

What would it be like to live in this pop culture sanctuary?
Which lucky person will end up the owner?
Will they understand the true value this home holds?
Is there any way I could raise enough money to buy it for myself?
Would John Stamos come visit me there?
And most importantly, WHY DOES THIS HOUSE NOT LOOK FAMILIAR AT ALL?

Oh, wait. That is NOT the house from Full House. Who would have the gall to start such a hurtful rumor? "How rude," as Stephanie Tanner would say.

Granted, the home only appeared on the opening credits and in a few location shots. The filming of the show primarily occured on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, CA. But, what self-respecting child of the 80's does not know what the Full House home looks like? Everyone knows that it is white--not green--and that the home is in the middle of a bunch of rowhouses--not on the corner. And, that it is not nearly as ornate as this one on Postcard Row that was rumored to be THE FULL HOUSE:


Obviously, this next house at 1709 Broderick is the actual house, and somebody just wanted to get more money on the 722 Steiner house above. I don't know who would think they could get away with such a blatant lie. I am truly appalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment