Thursday, May 27, 2010

Best Cities for Twentysomethings...

This list of best cities for college grads was just released by Richard Florida, author of The Rise of the Creative Class. If you haven't read that book, I highly recommend it. It can be quite an interesting read for most, but it is a little overrated in the Planning field, if you ask me. Anyway, I decided to take a gander through his new list of best places, hoping for some good news about Nashville, but no such luck, as I expected (I just set myself up for disappointment sometimes). It is interesting how Florida generated his list, but there was definitely a lack of Southern options--what a bummer. First of all, I don't really fall into his target age (20-24), but my lifestyle is still somewhat of a hybrid between a recent grad and focused career-gal. Of course, NC, FL, and TX were the southern reps in this list. Unfortunately, I have no desire to move that far away right now. NC and TX always have appealed to me, but I just enjoy being near my family and friends too much to head too far from TN. Evidently, I should move to State College, PA--home of Penn State, as it ranks as the top city for singles!

Check out Florida's blog here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-05-26/best-cities-for-college-graduates-from-ithaca-to-seattle/.

No comments:

Post a Comment