Friday, January 15, 2010

Optical Opportunities

#1 goal for this year: buy new glasses. The last time I bought a new pair of prescription glasses was in 2001. I am coming up on 10 years with the same pair of glasses. Noted, I wear contacts most days and just wear my glasses around the house. I do occasionally wear my glasses to work, but they constantly slide down on my nose because I haven't had them adjusted in a few years. I had all intentions of purchasing new glasses last year, but my optometrist accidentally put the wrong year on the prescription so I was going to have to go get another copy of the prescription if I wanted my glasses that bad. I guess that is the hazard of having your eye exam scheduled at the beginning of the year. Even doctors have trouble adjusting to writing the new year...

Well, I had my eye exam yesterday (just a few weeks prior to the yearly scheduled date), and I am ready to get my new glasses! Well, except for the fact that I haven't found any I like on my face yet. I was reading my Marie Claire last night, when what did I see?? Kensie, one of my favorite brands, has branched into the eyewear business! I don't know if they will work on me, but it is well worth a try because I typically LOOOOVVVE everything Kensie. Luckily, a eye place right down the street from my office carries the line. I stuck some of the Kensie frames below to ease your curiosity :)












Another eyewear designer I really like--Michael Stars. He is pretty much known as a t-shirt designer.





No comments:

Post a Comment