Monday, November 30, 2009

Landfill Reclamation Project

Well, here it goes. I am going to reveal a strange fact about myself that only a select few people know. In an ideal world, I would produce awesome scuptures from recycled metals and other abandoned goodies. That dream has been put on hold due to this one little thing called a source of income. Much to my pleasure, the City Hall art exhibit for the last few months has been a display of hubcap art. It is part of the Arts Council of Williamson County's Landfill Reclamation Project. While most of my co-workers do not seem to understand the appeal, I LOVE it! Just think of where those hubcaps could be.....and what we can do with all the excess waste filling our earth! I know these are not exactly impressive pieces of art, but they are fun to look at and really get the imagination going. Obviously, these are not works of professional artists, but just think what someone really talented could do with these materials. This looks like a fun project for the creative soul.

Here's some of the hubcap art--one is stained glass, and one is even a clock:















No comments:

Post a Comment